The Funding Bridge
“Why choose crowdfunding?”
We call on you for your support to give us a ‘leg up’, a bridge over the financial gap so that Robur may grow into the place he is meant to be. Hopefully, many people will be able to enjoy Robur at The Oak.
We need your help, we cannot do this alone. It is also an enormous added value when all those helping people invest a little time, energy, money and sympathy in Robur. That is what we like best about it. Robur is not only our creation, and is not only for our own benefit. It feels like Robur is having himself built by all those helping hands, like yours!
Crowdfunding fits well with the connecting energy of Robur, bringing together as many people as possible to help carry the project.
The advantage of donations is that they are direct and voluntary, unlike subsidies and grants. Voluntary donations are the essential carriers of small scale projects like this and ensure a more personal connectedness. You give because you believe in the nature of the project you support, because you have faith in the capacities of the people managing the project. Donations are a conscious decision to redistribute money and means in a project of your own choice. Free donations guarantee the independence of the project, which is not always the case with government grants.
We believe in the generosity and enthusiasm of people to make a dream like this come true!
From Marieke’s diary: “I feel so grateful as I watch Robur grow and see how many people he reaches out to and touches! I am so glad we have become a not for profit organisation! It is all just so worthwhile… Every now and then a generous donation shows up on Robur’s account, and that support fills me with gratitude and fortitude and faith that it might all work out as planned, and it fires me on!”
“Why use your own website and not a crowdfunding platform?”
For several reasons:
– a larger percentage can go directly to Robur itself, because we do not need to give a (substantial) percentage to the platform;
– the website was made for free by a family member – for which we thank him – and is hosted for a small annual fee (which is also donated!);
– we are dependent on the faith people have in this project, anyway. A platform would not change that;
– we would have had to choose two platforms, one for English and one for Dutch. A website can cope with both more easily;
– work on the website is not lost after the crowdfunding campaign, it can be developed further as the official website for Robur at The Oak, so that people who have made a donation can easily keep in touch with how the project is evolving and can stay in touch if they wish to do so;
– the crowdfunding can be continued after the initial intense campagne, so that Robur may be completed as a building and to support the organisation later on.
!!! For donations of 50 euros (NOT via the King Baudouin Foundation!),
starting on 20 April, 2018:
WIN A PRACTICAL ARTWORK!
THE FIRST 200 PEOPLE MAKING A 50 EURO DONATION CAN WIN A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE ARTWORK (SHALLOW PLATTER, ALSO POSSIBLE WALL DECORATION) WORTH 250 EUROS, OR A FRUIT BOWL WORTH 200 EUROS.