This is the adventure of making a dream come true. The coming-to-life of Robur at The Oak (Antwerp, Belgium). A healing, ecological place in the forest. A place to escape the rat race of this world, to spend time on what is really important in our unique lives. The (re)discovery of our true self. A place to search and to receive what we need at this moment. To shine our hidden light in our darkness.
If we take good care of ourselves , we can go back to our own place feeling strengthened, and take better care of our family, our work and our society.
Looking at it in this way, Robur at The Oak can have a much bigger impact on society than you would expect from a small scale project! A place that restores and enhances the ever-present connection between all living things. Connecting with yourself is connecting with everything and everyone… That is our contribution to a society that we care for deeply. Under all of our cynicism, this society is as vulnerable as every separate individual that exists in it.
And as strong.
A non-profit organisation since February 22, 2017, Robur at The Oak is meant to be a healing place for:
– people recovering from burnout or people close to getting burned out, for (preventing burnout can be organised in cooperation with companies/employers, and for independent entrepreneurs!)
– people who have been through an acute situation, and need to be away from their own surroundings for a while
– people in need of some quiet time, especially highly sensitive people (HSP)
– writers/artists who are looking for a quiet place in nature to focus on their project
– small groups of friends who want to work on (physical, spiritual or psychological) healing, amongst themselves or with a facilitator
– to experience The Work of Byron Katie, EFT (tapping) etc. on request /in workshops
– meetings in the Red Tent (and other women’s circles) and men’s circles, because these have a strong connecting and healing effect.
– to sing together, laugh, share and be quiet around the central Fireplace
– space for small lectures and mini-workshops by and for people who wish to grow and share in peace, nature, healing and creativity
– healing and ecological ideas: Robur at The Oak aims to be a creative hub
Put briefly, Robur at The Oak aims to restore our wholeness by offering Nature, Rest, Healing and Creativity. CONNECTION is the keyword: to connect is to Relate – and that is love.
You will find the mysterious story of the origin and evolution of Robur at The Oak here.
Questions and answers (FAQ)
Questions about the project
Who is in the team?
What is this dream-project you are asking my support for, and why is it called ‘Robur at The Oak’?
What does Robur actually look like? What has been achieved so far?
What is Robur’s purpose?
How do you see that calming and healing role of Robur?
Questions about the fundraising and other support
Why did you choose crowdfunding? Why use your own website and not a crowdfunding platform?
How much more is needed to finish Robur and what will it be used for?
How can I help, apart from a direct financial contribution?
Can I follow the developments at The Oak?
And what do I get in return for a gift to Robur? Or is there no return?